Greetings, HT Friends and Family:
A reminder that our May Vestry on Saturday, May 1st will be here two
weeks from Saturday. It will be a time to consider and weigh-in on the
long-term visions for our buildings.
The day will begin with coffee and refreshments at 9:30. The Vestry
will begin at 10:00 AM. and conclude by 4:00 PM. Lunch will be
included (for which we will ask a nominal donation). The day will
include presentations and opportunities for small-group discussion and
Childcare will be provided.
Here is a listing of the special services for Holy Week and Easter. If you are a visitor you may be interested in more information about our worship.
Sunday, March 28:
- Palm Sunday: Procession with Palms, Retelling of the Passion, Eucharist. A bi-lingual service with the San Esteban Community
Wednesday, March 31:
Thursday, April 1:
- Maundy Thursday — Prepared Supper at 6:30 PM in the Church integrated with the Maundy Thursday liturgy, stripping of the altar, and reservation of the sacrament in the Garden of Repose. This is a bi-lingual service with the Community of San Esteban
Friday, April 2:
- Good Friday: Good Friday liturgy, 10:30 am
Saturday, April 3:
- The Great Vigil of Easter, 8 pm: Lighting of the New Fire, First Eucharist of Easter — Archbishop Michael Peers will be the Celebrant
Sunday, April 4:
- Easter Sunday: 10:30 am Eucharist and Flowering of the Cross. A bi-lingual service with the San Esteban Community
Massey College Presents:
An Arts Gala Benefit for Romero House
In collaboration with Holy Trinity, San Esteban and Romero House
Sunday, March 28 at 7:30 pm. Tickets are $20
The concert will feature classical, jazz and blue grass musicians from Massey College as well as the Echo Women’s Choir, the Toronto Morris Dancers, a special song for Oscar Romero. During intermission there will be a bake sale, a magician and an art sale (thanks to Fran Sowton)
For info: www.MCpresents.blogspot.com
See Becca Whitla for tickets
Holy Trinity will host an arts gala benefit for Romero House, a residence for refugees in Toronto’s west end, on Sunday March 28 at 7:30 p.m. Apart from ticket sales, there will be a number of other fund-raising activities at this event. All proceeds will go to support the work of Romero House.
Holy Trinity and San Esteban have been asked to organize and run a bake sale at the intermission. We need several volunteers to help during the actual sale, as well as donations of baked goods, and “finger food” that can be eaten without utensils, such as cookies, cupcakes, cheese and crackers, empanadas, and cut-up fruit and vegetables. Items from the bake sale will be sold by donation and all proceeds will go to Romero House. We are expecting 200-300 people to attend this event.