Administrative Assistant and Volunteer Coordinator
The Administrative Assistant & Volunteer Coordinator will provide support to the Parish Administrator and the Incumbent (parish priest) as directed, and be responsible for the recruitment & training of volunteers, working 16 hours per week.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Preparation of service bulletins for weekly service, for seasonal services, e.g. Holy Week, funerals, other services as the need may arise
- Be responsible for carrying out all communications on church website and social media in compliance with parish communications policy; production of an electronic newsletter, annual reports and print communications
- Complete applications to City (park permits, event applications) as required
- Maintain customer relations database, and parish list
- Act as donations secretary
- Function as the parish Responsible Ministry officer, know and implement diocesan sexual misconduct policy, carry out training sessions, track staff and volunteer compliance
- Recruit, train, and support volunteers for various church activities
- Experienced in use of common office and customer relations management software, WordPress and social media
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Able to work within a staff team, and able to adapt quickly to changing needs and priorities
- Familiarity with church office/not-for-profit environments an asset
Terms and Conditions
This is a permanent position with a three-month probationary period
Compensation: $17-$20/hour, dependent upon experience, health benefits, pension
A satisfactory criminal record check is required for this position
All activities associated with this position must be carried out in a manner consistent with the Parish Mission Statement, Goals and Objectives. All diocesan and parish policies and practices must be known and adhered to including the Sexual Misconduct and Screening Policies of the Anglican Diocese of Toronto.
Please send cover letter explaining your suitability for and interest in the position and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 6.