On Thursday, one of our long-term volunteers and parishioners, Coral Petzoldt, retired from People Presence, the ministry which keeps our doors open Mon-Fri 11-3. Administrator Margot Linken made two kinds of delicious cake, there were flowers, nibbles and conviviality. Thank you, Coral, for your years of dedication to this ministry!
by Michael Shapcott
I wonder why God has so many names and nick-names.
Today, we read God is:
- a sheep and a lamb;
- a silent one;
- the One;
- El Shaddai;
- love – oh yes, God is love.
– it may be a trigger for trauma given what they experienced before coming to Canada;
– it may create fear or a sense that Canada is not as safe as hoped;
– it may spark fears of being blamed for what happened
– indeed, it may lead to incidents where newcomers find themselves accused of being at blame.
I encourage you/us to reach out to those we have sponsored. Urge them to share any feelings of insecurity them may have and please reassure them that you care for them and they are welcome here.
This cartoon comes to us via parishioner Susie Henderson, and was created by David Hayward.