Our liturgy this morning was on the theme of feast. I am including the reflection I shared, in both text and video forms as well as the bulletin which has most of the service text. There are a few bits missing from the bulletin, but the most exciting bit was that the Fallen Angles played “Changes” by David Bowie as a Postlude and tribute. Thanks to everyone who sang and danced along. Continue reading Feast – reflecting on community and intimacy
Isaiah 58:1-12, Mark 1: 1-13
You and I, we are standing on the edge of the wilderness with Jesus; you and I, on this first day of Lent, driven by the Spirit; you and I, on this Ash Wednesday, made of earth and water. Remember you are dust and to dust you shall return. Today, whatever our justice ministry, we are invited, reminded, compelled, driven to enter into the wilderness to confirm our identity, to remember our names, and to reclaim our integrity, finding each other along the way.
Continue reading On the Edge of Wilderness
free, but donations appreciated (to cover costs)
What: A private musical pub night for members (of Holy Trinity) and guests only in the old chapel. We’ll gather and listen to live music and sing some great songs together, talk, dance and share libations and maybe hatch some plans.
RSVP would be very helpful in planning.
Food and Drink: Pot luck munchies and BYOB.
If you are interested in performing (music, poems, reading), then please make careful selections to fit in 15 minutes and please rehearse as best you can. My hope is that this can be a good sharing of art and time together, but I want to resist randomly standing up to do unprepared work. Check with me around your set-up needs to see if you need to come early to set up.
- 5-6 card tables (if anyone sees these available for cheap or free at a garage sale or on Kijiji or something, that would be great.
- 3-4 padded bar stools. Again, cheap or free from somewhere would be great
- aimable floodlight bases. These are often used to light signs or thing like that. We could use a few to provide stage lighting to help create a nice atmosphere
- white garden lights (or patio lanterns). We’d like to keep the room lights off and create a nice low-light atmosphere conducive to a pub feeling.
8:45pm – recorded music and conversation
9:00pm – fourth slot
9:30pm – sixth slot
9:45pm – seventh slot
10:00pm – recorded music for dancing and conversation
* Ron Panter was a long time member of Holy Trinity, an artist and musician. He worked hard on rejuvenating the space we’re having the party in and was one of the folks I have played with over the years.